LIGAFIX® Bioabsorbable screw fixation
LIGAFIX® is a bioabsorbable interference screw made from the unique Duosorb® material, designed to address the issues of osteointegration, poor resorption and inflammation seen in current resorbable interference screws. LIGAFIX® is the only bioabsorbable screw available with as much as 60% ß-TCP. Duosorb® is a biocomposite material composed of β-TCP and Poly DL Lactic Acid (PDLA); providing an osteoconductive, resorbable and bioactive material with excellent mechanical resistance. LIGAFIX® is available in two configurations:
- LIGAFIX® 30 – Provides improved mechanical strength for use with BTB grafts.
- LIGAFIX® 60 – Provides increased resorption for use with soft tissue grafts.
- ß-TCP in Duosorb® increases cellular proliferation through osteoconduction, leading to enhanced bone healing and improved osteointegration
- LIGAFIX® 30 and 60 show reliable, timely resorption over 2-3 years, ensuring graft healing prior to complete screw resorption
- Degradation of ß-TCP releases basic salts; these neutralise the acidic pH caused by the hydrolysis of PDLA, designed to eliminate the risk of inflammatory reactions
Contact details for your local sales representative can be accessed here.
We accept orders by phone, fax or email:
Phone: 01443 719 555
Fax: 01443 719 560
We offer a number of different delivery services; for more information please contact the Customer Service team at firstname.lastname@example.org.